Are you planning to migrate to Canada for study? If yes, you must have heard of SDS and Non SDS visa categories in Canada.
Knowing about both visa categories is important before applying for any one. This blog will help you understand the SDS and non SDS visa categories, including the SDS and non SDS visa success rate.
Knowing about the success rate of a category is essential because it will help you choose the best.
You must apply under the category with the best results or positive outcomes.
So let’s get started and learn the SDS and non SDS visa success rates so that you can choose the category under which the chances of getting your visa approved are maximum.
SDS Vs Non SDS Visa Success Rate In Canada
Here you will learn the best and main differences between SDS and non SDS visa categories in Canada, including the SDS and non SDS visa success rates.
To understand the visa success rate in both categories, you must know about them completely.
And the upcoming paragraphs in this blog give you a proper idea about which visa category you must choose to study in Canada.
So let’s get started and learn how both categories are different from each other.
I will differentiate these categories on the following basis;
- List of colleges that accept both categories
- SDS and non SDS visa success rate
What is SDS?
SDS is also known as Student Direct Stream. It is designed to make the Canada Study Permit Application process more effective. Only Brazilian and Indian students are eligible for this visa. However, to study in Canada, the applicants must meet certain requirements under this program set by immigration refugees Citizenship Canada.
What Is Non-SDS?
The students who cannot match the SDS requirements to study in Canada are acknowledged as the Non-SDS category. It is a standard application procedure for visa approval to study in Canada.
As Non-SDS success visa rate is not high compared to SDS. You must get all the boxes ticked in terms of requirements. To help you, the below segment is about the Non-SDS Visa requirement. It can help you understand how to significantly enhance your Non SDS visa success rate.
Requirements For SDS Visa
Applying for this visa, candidates must provide all the necessary documents to be eligible under the category, such as:
- Language Proficiency Test Results
- A valid Passport
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC)
- Proof of Tuition Fee
- Letter of Acceptance
- Educational Documents
- proof of a medical examination
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Digital Picture
Non-SDS Visa Requirements 2023
Below are the mandatory non-SDS Canada requirements to enhance the non SDS visa success rate. Take a look
- The first tick you need to mark is clearing the language proficiency test. You can apply for TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS test and prove your efficiency regarding the same.
- Your passport is The next important document you need to get it right. The temporary resident visa will not be issued if your passport has expired. You need to make sure that the permits are extended before it expires.
- The next document you need to avail of is the Guaranteed Investment Certificate. For this, students need to deposit $10000 or more. This gives them the authority to manage your expenses in Canada.
- Another non-SDS visa requirement is the evidence that they have compensated the tuition fees for the next six months of their institute. You must show that you are financially stable and submit the documents as evidence.
- Another important document that needs to be submitted to enhance your non SDS visa success rate is a complete body check-up report. You need to have proof of medical examination to boost the chances of approval.
- All your educational documents need to be submitted as well. You must submit genuine certificates of 10th, 12th, graduation, diploma, and others.
- The next important document that you need to have is your digital pictures. They will ask for 35×45 digital pictures with an 80% white background.
- The next important aspect you need to consider is your statement of purpose. It is more like an essay where you must specify the primary reason for visiting Canada for education.
- Lastly, it is important for you also to submit all your financial documents that can act as evidence to show your financial stability. You must submit documents like ITR, Form-16, J-Forms, bank statements, fixed deposits, GPF, etc.
Document Required For SDS Visa Application
Students must submit a list of documents to file their visas under the SDS category.
- Letter of acceptance from a DLI (Designated Learning Institute), get the DLI list in Canada.
- Proof of tuition fee payment for your first year of study.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) payment (certificate/letter of attestation)
- English language test score (Submit the score of the English language test that IRCC accepts for SDS category)
- Medical examination certificate from an authorized panel of doctors for Canada.
- All relevant academic documents.
- The additional requirement of CAQ for students intending to study in Quebec.
Document Required For Non-SDS Visa Application
Below mentioned document required for non-SDS visa application:
- Official academic certifications and results that include the 12th mark sheet.
- Must have at least 55% marks for all undergraduate courses.
- Minimum of 50% or above to take part in postgraduate courses.
- Must have an Undergraduate degree or advanced diploma.
- Colleges offer letters.
- English proficiency IELTS test scores with a minimum of 6.0.
- Financial funds evidence includes student loans, bank savings, and investments.
- Previous payslips and work experience.
- Income tax return documents
- Proof of necessary medical tests
- Receipt of tuition fees
List of colleges that accept both categories
List of SDS Colleges in Canada
- Sheridan College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- George Brown College
- Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
- Niagara College
- Parkland College
- Fleming College
- Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Canadore College
- Vancouver Island University
- Northern Lights College
- Columbia International College
- Lakeland College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Lasalle College
- Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Sault College
- Northern College
List Of Non-SDS Colleges In Canada
- Acsenda School Of Management
- Thompson Rivers University
- Cape Breton University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- University Canada West
- Cambrian College
- Mcmaster University
- University Of Northern British Columbia
- Memorial University Of Newfoundland
- Brock University
- University Of Windsor
- King’s University College
- Lakehead University
- Royal Roads University
- York University
SDS and non SDS visa success rate
SDS Visa Success rate
The visa success rate for the SDS category is higher than that of the non SDS visa category. According to IDP’s official website, the visa success rate for SDS is approximately 71%.
Non SDS Visa Success Rate
The visa success rate for the non SDS category is slightly less compared to the SDS category. According to the IDP’s official website, the success rate for non SDS visas for Canada is approximately 41%.
Who is eligible for a Non-SDS visa application?
Eligibility criteria for Non-SDS visa application are-
- The candidate must have an Advanced diploma or undergraduate degree.
- The candidate must have scored at least 55 percent in their undergraduate courses.
- The candidate must have scored 50% or above to pursue postgraduate courses.
Why You Should Choose SDS Over Non-SDS?
There are a lot of reasons you should choose SDS over Non-SDS. But i will tell you 2 more important reasons to choose SDS over Non-SDS:
One of the main reasons for SDS over Non-SDS is that you don’t have to provide many documents to prove your financial eligibility. If you apply for your Visa under Non-SDS, you have to submit a lot of documents. 2 documents are very important for the SDS category that is the IELTS (International English Language Testing System or your IELTS score should be 6.0 each in all modules, and the second document is Guaranteed Investment Certificate of CAD 10,000 or more.
If you apply for your visa under the SDS category, your entire process will be simple or streamlined. The processing time of your visa under SDS will take around 20 days. However, you have to meet all the requirements specified in the program. It is very beneficial for those students who want to go to Canada at the earliest.
Ticking all the boxes above can help you enhance the chances of a Non SDS visa success rate. You can always take experts’ assistance and prepare your documents as specified above. They will help you get your visa approved even via the Non-SDS approach. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Question
What is Non-SDS?
When it comes to Non-SDS, it is a category where one can apply for a visa application to pursue academics in Canada. The ones who are not able to fill the SDS requirements fall in this category.
Is GIC needed for Non-SDS?
No! Guaranteed Investment Certification is not necessary under the category of Non-SDS visa application.
Which is better SDS or Non-SDS?
As compared to Non-SDS, SDS is always better because:
1. It needs lesser documents
2. It has a fast processing time.
3. It also has a high success rate if the student has all the required documents and qualifications.
Do you need IELTS for Non-SDS?
As we all know that IELTS is one of the most popular English proficiency tests in Canada. So, you have to prove that your English is good. So, you can prove your English proficiency by another test score like TOEFL, and PTE for Non-SDS.