Here are all details about the eligibility criteria and how to apply for Young Professional Scheme.
The British High Commission in New Delhi announced the new program and said, “This is an excellent opportunity for India’s brightest young people between the ages of 18 and 30 to experience the best of the UK.”
Eligibility Criteria For Applicants For The Young Professional Scheme
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or above in the related area and Pound 2,530 (about 2.6 lakhs) in savings. Also, they must be childless or without dependents.
If you are an Indian citizen and qualify for the India Young Professional Scheme visa, you may vote. Be sure you are eligible before voting.
You must fill out the ballot online. You need to provide your:
- Date of birth
- Passport details
- A scan or photo of your passport
- Phone number
- Email address
The results of the ballot will be sent within two weeks by email. The successful entries will be selected randomly.
It’s free to enter the ballot, and you should only enter if you intend to apply for a visa, which costs £259 and can meet the necessary financial, educational, and other standards.
If you are chosen on the ballot, you will receive an invitation to apply for a visa.
You will have 30 days from the email date to apply online, pay the visa application cost, and pay the immigration health surcharge.
If you’re unsuccessful on the ballot, you can still participate in the next round, which will be held in July.
The UK government will provide you with a visa for a maximum of two years and allow you to work and live in the country. You can travel to the UK, leave, and return whenever you like during your two-year stay.
Establishing the Young Professionals Program between the UK and India is considered a main step in developing the relationship between the two countries. It also highlighted the UK’s commitment to advancing the ongoing free trade agreement (FTA) negotiations and fortifying its connections with the Indo-Pacific region.
Get to know everything about Canada Immigration Approves PTE Essential Language Test by reading our other blog.
How Long Can You Stay
- You’ll be issued a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months.
- While your visa is still valid, you can travel from the UK whenever you like.
- You may stay in the UK for the duration that your visa is valid even if you turn 31 after getting it.
What You Can And Cannot Do
- For some courses, you’ll require an Academic Technology Approval System certificate.
- work in most jobs
- Be self-employed and set up a company – as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn’t worth more than £5,000, and you don’t have any workers.
- extend your stay
- apply for most benefits (public funds)
- Include family members on your application – while they must apply separately
- working as a professional athlete (for example, as a coach)
What Is The Role Of A Young Professional Scheme?
We can facilitate transforming employment exchanges into career centers by participating in capacity building, branding, and training on the National Career Services project and supporting State Governments and organizations in spreading this model in other centers.
Keep visiting CourseMentor™ for more informative content like this.