IELTS Writing GT Task 1 pdf – IELTS is a popular exam students take to migrate abroad to work or study. To migrate abroad for study, students must take the IELTS Academic exam, and for a work visa or PR file, they have to take the IELTS General Training test.
In both IELTS test variants, there are four modules through which your English proficiency is measured.
Except for the IELTS reading and IELTS Writing Task 1, all the modules in both variants are the same.
I will provide an IELTS Writing GT Task 1 pdf in this blog. In this pdf, students will get the sample answers for the IELTS writing task 1 recent exam-based questions.
This pdf is a great source for students to improve their IELTS GT Writing Task 1 score.
So let’s get started and look at the GT writing Task 1 pdf!
IELTS GT Writing
Students must learn about the IELTS writing module properly before downloading the IELTS Writing GT Task 1 pdf.
There are two tasks in the IELTS GT writing, just like the IELTS Academic;
- IELTS Writing Task 1
- IELTS Writing Task 2
IELTS Writing Task 1
Task 1 in IELTS GT Writing asks students to write a letter. This letter can be of three types (you will get the sample answer for all three types of letters in IELTS GT Writing Task 1);
- Formal letter – A formal letter is written when you have to make some request, make a complaint, give suggestions, etc.
- Informal letter – You can write this letter to someone with whom you have a personal relationship. For example, friends, relatives, etc.
- Semi-Formal letter – This letter is written to those you know by name but have a professional or business relationship with. For example, your teacher, business associates, etc.
Students must write at least 150 words in IELTS GT writing task 1. There will be only 60 minutes for the IELTS writing module, so students are advised not to spend more than 20 minutes on Task 1.
IELTS Writing Task 2
This task is the same for both IELTS GT and Academic test takers. There can be 7 different question types in the IELTS writing task 2.
- Agree or disagree
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Direct essay
- Cause/solution essay
- Positive/negative essay
- Discussion essay
Students must write at least 250 words in IELTS writing task 2. Students should not spend more than 40 minutes on Task 2 and always spare a minimum of 5 minutes to proofread their work.
IELTS Writing GT Task 1 pdf
Download more IELTS exam related pdfs;
|Writing Task 1 PDF
|IELTS Writing Task 2 PDF
|IELTS Speaking pdf 2023
|IELTS Listening pdf
|IELTS Vocabulary pdf
|GT reading pdf
|IELTS Reading pdf
|IELTS writing task 1 academic pdf
How to write a formal or informal letter?
Here are some tips for writing formal or informal letters in IELTS GT writing;
- Select the proper level (formal, informal, or semi-formal)
- Ensure the clarity of your message.
- Select an appropriate opening and closing.
- Describe each point in the bulleted list.
- Use words to express various needs, such as requests, grievances, apologies, and inquiries.
That’s why our website tries to cover every section separately so readers can get good bands in each area.
Guidelines For Candidates
Here are some guidelines for IELTS test takers. You will receive the following instructions for the test:
- If not ordered, keep this exam paper closed.
- Fill in the blanks at the top of this page with your name and candidate number.
- Read the guidelines for each task Clearly
- Carefully answer both questions and functions.
- To complete task 1, write at least 150 words.
- Write 250 words or more for Task 2
This was all about the IELTS Writing GT Task 1 pdf, and I hope this blog has cleared all your queries. If you still have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our experts.
How can I practice IELTS writing task 1?
Here are the 5 best tips to prepare for the IELTS writing task 1;
1. Understand how the test is marked
2. Paraphrase the question
3. Write the overview
4. Support the main features
5. Check your work
Is IELTS difficult?
The answer to this question depends upon how well you prepare for the IELTS exam. If you are not serious about the exam and don’t prepare for the exam with full concentration, you will find the IELTS exam hard. If you prepare for it with full concentration, you will find it very easy to crack.