Today almost everything that we see around is stepping into automation. There’s possibly no field left that doesn’t employ automation. Some day-to-day applications of the same include cars, gadgets, and home appliances, to name a few. Automation has a lot to do with real-time data, and this is where Tableau comes into play. Tableau is one of the hottest trends in the business world. It makes Tableau jobs one of the most sought-after career options. If you’re keen on knowing how a career in Tableau looks like, then you’re at the right place. Here’s everything that you need to know about this career opportunity.
What is Tableau?
Before understanding what Tableau is, understanding where and how it’s used makes more sense. One of the most common applications is shopping online and ordering food online. Both of them make use of Tableau. Let’s understand how. Whenever an order is placed (in both cases), we get to track our order.
Simply put, we come to know where our parcel has reached. We get to know the exact location as well. It is called real-time tracking. All this is possible using data analytics. When we require such real-time data, data visualization tools are no less than a savior. Tableau is one such tool.
This tool is simple and reliable at the same time. It is because of this that almost all the big tech-giants out there employ Tableau.
What are the different Tableau jobs?
If looking to make a career in Tableau, then the jobs offered to you would be –
- Business analyst
- Data analyst
What is the minimum qualification required to become a Tableau developer?
- You require a minimum of a graduation degree to become eligible for this role.
- If done graduation in IT, Computer science, or a related field, the journey is easier.
- Those who have a Master’s Degree in a relevant field undoubtedly have the edge over the rest.
- However, those who don’t have any relevant degree need not get disheartened. Do courses and attend workshops on Tableau, earn a certificate and you’re sorted. End of the day, what matters is how knowledgeable you are in this field.
What are the skills required to excel in Tableau?
- Command over SQL language tools like SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services, SSRS – SQL Server Reporting Services
- Good knowledge about Data analysis tools like online analysis processing (OLAP) or ETL frameworks.
- Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI, etc.
Roles and responsibilities of a Tableau developer
If you’re thinking of making a career in Tableau, this is what you’ll be required to do daily.
- Work efficiently with storage tools.
- Come up with technical solutions to various business problems.
- Deal with online analytical processing to protect the data of the organization.
- Should be able to write test queries.
- Should be able to troubleshoot as he/she is responsible for developing the software.
- Create user guides, design notes, and other manuals that would help for future reference.
- Should be able to handle data well so that it is possible to derive solutions from it.
- Documentation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work in a team
- Managerial skills
- Time management
- Analytical thinking, etc.
Reasons why a career in Tableau is worth it?
Tableau is one of the most promising careers seen today. A lot of people are inclined towards the same, for they know how worthy it is. Here are a few reasons that make Tableau a career full of potential.
The data across the world in every possible field is insane. It doesn’t stop there. The extent to which this data is increasing is beyond imagination. That is why the need for Tableau professionals is high. The reason behind this is simple. There’s a requirement for interactive and easy-to-use tools to analyze this data. This step is followed by deriving actionable insights from it. What better tool for this than Tableau? Thus, the demand for Tableau is very close to touching the sky!
Top companies offering attractive Tableau jobs
What better than you being associated with some big brands out there? A tableau is a tool that high net worth companies employ. So, with the right skills, you stand a full chance of landing up a job in one of them. Some of the top companies are-
- Hinduja Global Solutions
- Capgemini Technology Services
- Sony Electronics
- General motors
- Pathfinder Management Consulting India Limited
- Brickwork India Private Limited
- Applied Systems
Attractive salary package
Tableau jobs pay a handsome salary all across the world. So, no matter where you’re trying to find a job in this field, you’ll make really good money.
Variety of job roles
While exploring a career in Tableau, you realize that there is so much flexibility out there. In contrast, Your work is not limited to just one role or profile. One can choose from a variety of job roles. Some of them are –
- Tableau Consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Business Intelligence Manager
Data is increasing manifold, which makes organizations look for tools to better deal with analytics. They also want to reduce the cost as well as the time invested in analytics. That is where Tableau comes into the picture. No wonder Tableau is a boon tool in such situations. With every passing day, the demand for tableau professionals is increasing as well. With that being said, if looking for Tableau jobs, start your preparation now. In contrast, you’re bound to excel given the right amount of effort and hard work you put in!