How to get scholarship to study abroad for Indian students? This question definitely will pop into your mind if you are an Indian student who wants to study abroad but is not financially strong enough to do so.
Going abroad to study is like a dream for most of the students.
Many students have the potential by which they can go abroad for their studies and fulfil their dream.
But one thing that stops them is their financial problems.
It feels very bad when you have to quit your dreams just because of your luck.
But if you work hard, you always can find a way by which you can fight with your luck and can complete your dreams.
And, in the case of going abroad to study, the way with which you can fight is that you should try to get a scholarship.
There are many types of private and government scholarships that help students study abroad.
These scholarships have helped a lot of students, and you can also benefit from them.
Yes, getting a scholarship is a tough task, but it is not impossible.
If you have complete information about it, you also can get a scholarship.
So, if you want to have complete information about it, then keep reading this blog till the end.
Because in this blog, I will explain everything about how to get a scholarship to study abroad as an Indian Student.
What are the Types of scholarships?
You all want to get a scholarship, but do you know that scholarship does not have only one type?
There are many types of scholarships on the basis of the facility they provide to the student.
You should have the information about the scholarship type when you are applying for one.
Scholarships have so many types on different bases that I can’t explain all of them in one single blog.
But these are some important types of scholarships.
Merit-basis -: These scholarships are given on the basis of the performance of the candidate in their previous studies, like their exam scores, academics etc.
Student specific -: These scholarships are given on the basis of students’ religion, gender, race, family and other such factors.
Need-Based -: These scholarships are for candidates who have financial problems and cannot manage their studies expenses.
Destination specific -: These scholarships are given to the candidates of a specific country or place.
Subject-specific -: Many colleges and universities sometimes give scholarships on the basis of the subject or course that candidate chose. These are known as subject-specific scholarships.
There are many other types of scholarships as well that are defined on different bases. For example -: Full fees scholarships and Tuition fees scholarships.
How to Get Scholarship to Study Abroad for Indian Students?
As you know, there is a lot of competition to get scholarships; many students apply for scholarships every year.
That’s why it is very tough to get a scholarship, but I will tell you what things are required if you want to get a scholarship.
Before going to those steps, I want to clarify that no one knows on what basis authorities select a student for their scholarship.
The steps that I will share with you will increase your chances of getting a scholarship, but no one can guarantee it.
The person who is saying that with their help you can get a scholarship 100%, then they are just frauds.
You do not have to follow them; just read the 3 or 4 points that I will share with you and work according to that, then hope for the best.
So, here are the things that will increase your chances of getting a scholarship -:
Good Scores in Previous Studies -: When you are applying for a scholarship, the authorities want to see your potential; they want to check if the student they are helping is good or not in studies.
For this, they will check the result of the candidates in their previous studies.
I know it is a bad way to check a student’s potential because marks can’t tell what a student’s true potential is.
But this is how it is; we can’t do anything.
So, if you want to increase your chance of getting a scholarship, work hard in your ongoing studies and get a good score.
Good Scores in Proficiency test -: It is a must for students who want to study abroad that they have to get good scores on the proficiency test.
There are many types of proficiency tests like -:
The candidates have to give this proficiency test and have to prove their knowledge of the English language if they want to study in an English-speaking country.
These scores will also help you increase your chances of getting a scholarship; if you have a good score on a proficiency test, it will positively affect your application for a scholarship.
Mention your Achievements -: When you apply for a scholarship, you will write an application essay or submit a resume.
You have to mention all your achievements in that essay or in the resume.
The authorities want to see your potential; they do not want to help an undeserving student.
So, show them all your achievements and prove that you are a deserving candidate for the scholarship.
Some Others Tips on How to Get a Scholarship
Here are some other tips on how to get a scholarship to study abroad.
I can mention these tips in the above section, but I want to keep the above three tips different from the above three tips.
The tips that I will share are some general steps that everyone should follow because if you do not follow these steps, your chances of getting a scholarship will decrease drastically.
Here are those steps -:
- In the first step, you have to register for the scholarship; registration will be based on the scholarship you have chosen, but mostly you have to fill out an online application form.
- After registering the form, check your emails regularly because the authorities will send you a confirmation mail.
- If you want to increase your chances of getting a scholarship, then write an essay or personal statement for the scholarship.
- You will get a lot of content for the essay on the internet, but don’t copy-paste it; just take an idea and then write the essay in your own words.
- Another thing, don’t write something that you are not; be real and present what you really are.
- You also can attach the official proof of your achievements that you are going to mention in the essay; it will increase your chances of getting a scholarship.
- If you have done any volunteer work and extracurricular activities, then don’t forget to mention that, if you have any proof, then attach it as well; these will also play a huge role in increasing your chances of getting a scholarship.
Top Scholarships to Study Abroad for Indian Students
I hope you got all the information about getting a scholarship; now, let’s look at some top scholarships to study abroad for Indian students.
There are a lot of scholarships, so it can be confusing for you to select one, so I am suggesting the three best scholarships you can select.
But keep in mind that since these scholarships are the best to study abroad, many students work hard to get them.
So, it will be very tough to get a scholarship between these, but you can still try for it.
National Overseas Scholarship
The first name on the list is National Overseas Scholarships.
This scholarship helps the student with low income and belongs to scheduled castes, Landless Agricultural Labourers, Traditional Artisans and many other people who want to get higher education.
If you want to be eligible for this scholarship, then you have to get at least 60% of marks in the qualifying examination.
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships
This scholarship is the best for those Indian students who want to pursue a master degree at selected U.S. colleges or Universities.
This scholarship is designed for students who want to study in the field of arts and culture management.
To get eligible for this scholarship, you must complete a degree equivalent to a U.S bachelor’s degree for a recognized Indian university.
And you have to get at least 55% marks in that degree.
Tata Scholarship – Cornell University
This trust helps Indian students to continue their studies at Cornell University, New York.
This scholarship includes all the expenses of tuition and annual course fees of a student.
If you have achieved at least 60% marks in the preceding class, then you are eligible for this and can apply for this scholarship.
List of Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Mbbs Abroad
There are many private and government scholarships for Indian students who want to study Mbbs abroad.
Research on each scholarship, check the requirements to get that scholarship and then decide which one is best for you.
And also, let me know in the comment section which scholarship you are choosing from the list.
Here are the list of some of the scholarships for Indian students who want to study Mbbs abroad -:
- Algoma University Chancellor’s Award
- NCI Master’s Edge Scholarship
- JGC-S Scholarship Foundation
- Sato Yo International Scholarship Foundation
- Pearl International Award
- Singapore SINGA Award MBBS Scholarships. (Singapore)
- A Bilateral Bachelor Degree offered from Nanjing Medical University.
- Algoma University Chancellor’s Award.
- (North America) American College of Surgeons International Guest Scholarships
- Kidney Health Australia Research Program (Australia)
- NAMASTE India Scholarships (Europe)
- QMUL John Abernethy (Barts) Scholarship for Medicine (UK)
Top Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in Canada
These are some scholarships which you can choose if you are an Indian and want to study abroad.
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Canadian Studies Post-Doctoral Fellowship
- Canada-ASEAN SEED
- Canada Memorial Scholarship
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- IDRC Research Awards
Some other scholarships to Study abroad for Indian Students
These are some other scholarships to study abroad for Indian students; check these and then decide.
Scholarships To Study in Asia
- Asia Pacific University
- Commonwealth Scholarship Plan – India
- SEARCA Full Master’s and PhD Scholarships
- Study in Taiwan Scholarships
- Malaysia International Scholarships (MIS)
Scholarships To Study in Australia
- (AGRTP) Australian Government Research and Training Program
- Destination Australia
- Australia Awards
- Australian University Scholarships
Scholarships To Study in Europe
- Educations.com Study a Master’s in Europe Scholarship
- Surf Shark Privacy and Security Scholarship
- Belgian Government Scholarship
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- University Of Geneva Master Scholarship
You May Also Like -:
- How to Study Abroad for Free
- What are the Requirements to Study Abroad
- How to Get Scholarships to Study Abroad After 12th?
So, this is the end of the blog “how to get scholarship to study abroad for Indian students”.
I have suggested a lot of scholarships in this blog, so you can have a lot of options to select.
I also shared information about how you can get a scholarship; I hope it was helpful for you.
At the end of this blog, I want to say that getting a scholarship is a tough task, but you do not have to be demotivated.
Work hard, and I am sure you also will be able to get a scholarship.
So, this is the end of this blog; stay connected to the course mentor for more such blogs.
FAQs about how to get scholarship to study abroad for Indian students
How can Indian students study abroad for free?
To study abroad for free, you have to make a strategy. You have to manage two types of expenses: college fees and living expenses. You can try to get a scholarship for college fees, and for living expenses, you can do a part-time job.
Which country is cheapest for study for Indian students?
It depends on the student, meaning which course they are choosing in the college which will determine their fees. But if you are asking overall, then Norway is one of the cheapest countries for study for Indian students.
Can an average student get a scholarship to study abroad?
Yes, you can, but it won’t be easy. Before giving you a scholarship, the authorities will surely check your previous studies results. And if you have an average score in your previous studies, then it won’t be easy for you. But if you have any other achievements, you can try for a scholarship on the basis of those achievements.