When students take the Duolingo exam, the question that comes to mind is, “in which countries is Duolingo acceptable?”
As the Duolingo English test is a new exam and in starting not all universities accept this exam as an English proficiency test.
But now, most big countries like the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand have started accepting the DET (Duolingo English Test) score.
In today’s blog, we will discuss the Duolingo accepted universities in UK. Read the complete blog to know everything.
It is important to understand what DET is, and if you choose the UK to study, then what are the benefits of that?
What Is Duolingo English Test?
The Duolingo English Test is the latest addition to the list of English language tests. This test measure students’ listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills in English. It measures students’ proficiency on a scale of 10 to 160.
The DET is very affordable when compared to the other language test. You can book the DET approximately three times for the price of one IELTS test.
It has gained popularity in recent years due to the Coronavirus outbreak. This is because to take this test, you do not have to visit any center.
You can take this test in your room on your bed. You just need a well-lit room, a working PC with a mic and camera, and a fast internet connection.
Because of the lockdown, students could not move to the test centers for taking the English language exams like IELTS, PTE, and TOEFL. And the best option they had left was the DET, so this exam has become quite popular among the students.
Why Study in the UK?
Before you read about the Duolingo accepted universities in UK, it is important to understand why you should study in the UK.
The UK is the dream nation for many students because the UK has many top universities that provide quality education.
A degree from the UK is recognized all around the world. Many countries even follow the education system of the UK.
You also get variety in the courses and universities. There are also many universities in the UK for them; you do not need to take the English language test.
Apart from this, it is quite easy to get a work permit after completing your study in the UK. If you are doing a full-time course in the UK, you can get free medical treatment.
Let’s move to the Duolingo accepted universities in UK now after understanding the benefits of studying in the UK.
If your dream nation is the USA, then you may also like our other, “90+ Duolingo Accepted Universities In USA In 2023.”
Duolingo Accepted Universities In UK
Here, we will provide some of the best universities in the UK with their required Duolingo scores and popular courses.
Let’s look at the table below to understand more:
|Required DET Score
|University of College London
|University of Birmingham
|105 (depends upon the choice of course)
|University of the Bristol
|Data Science Bioinformatics
|University of Southampton
Art Specialist Management
Finance and Law
Engineering and Technology
Medical Science and Health
|University of Edinburgh
|University of Glasgow
|Queen’s University Belfast
|Depends upon the choice of courses
Check the official website of Queen’s University Belfast
|Leeds Beckett University
|Check the official website of Leeds Beckett University
|University of Exeter
Religious Studies and Theology
Engineering: Materials & Mineral
Classics & Ancient History
Earth & Marine Sciences
|115 to 125
You may also find our other blog, “Duolingo Accepted Universities In Australia” interesting.
Other Duolingo Accepted Universities In UK: Also, for these universities, you can apply based on your DET score.
- University of Surrey – Undergraduate
- University of Roehampton – Undergraduate
- University of Stirling
- London College of Contemporary Arts (LCCA)
- University of Westminster – Undergraduate Admissions
- University of Bath
- University of Lincoln – Pre-sessional, Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Birmingham City University – Pre-Sessional English
- University of the West of Scotland – Undergraduate
- Sheffield Hallam University — Pre-sessional courses
- Plymouth College of Art
- University of Huddersfield – China Campus – Undergraduate
- Aston University – Undergraduate
- International College Portsmouth
- UCFB – Undergraduate
- Glasgow Caledonian University – Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- SAE Institute – UK
- ARU London
- University of Reading
- Imperial College London – Undergraduate
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) – Undergraduate
- University of Kent – Undergraduate
- University of Plymouth International College
- Buckinghamshire New University
- University of Leicester – Undergraduate
- Bangor University Undergraduate
- Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama
- New College of the Humanities, London
- University of Strathclyde – Undergraduate
- Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC)
- University of South Wales – Undergraduate
- London South Bank University – Undergraduate
- Plymouth College of Art – Pre-Degree
- Solent University Southampton – Undergraduate
- Navitas Pathway Colleges
- University of Portsmouth – Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Online Pre-Sessional Programs
- Royal Holloway, University of London – Undergraduate
- ARU College – Undergraduate
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of Leicester Study Abroad
- University of Sussex
- University of York
- University of West London
- Cardiff Metropolitan University – Undergraduate
- Bath Spa University – Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- University of Plymouth – All Online Pre-sessional programmes
- RED Academy London
- SOAS University of London
- University of Aberdeen
- Loughborough University – Undergraduate
- Royal Agricultural University
- University of The West of England, Bristol
- University of Bolton
- Birkbeck, University of London – Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Newbold College of Higher Education
- University of Warwick – Undergraduate
- University of East Anglia
- Gower College Swansea
Apart from these Duolingo accepted universities in UK, if you want to know Which Colleges Accept Duolingo In Canada, you can read our other blog on it.
In this blog, we have discussed the Duolingo accepted universities in UK. We have discussed the Duolingo exam and how it gained popularity.
After that, we also described why students choose the UK to study. We have provided some benefits of the UK study.
We have given the 60+ Duolingo accepted universities in the UK. You can choose any of these universities based on your interest and the university’s ranking. We have given detail of popular courses and the minimum required score for some of the top universities.
We hope we have cleared all your queries about Duolingo accepted universities in UK. For more content like this, keep visiting CourseMentor™.
What is the minimum Duolingo score for the UK?
The minimum DET score required to be admitted to the top university in the UK is 105 to 110. Most universities can accept your application with this DET score. There are very few, or even no, universities that will accept your application with DET score below this.
Is Duolingo easy than IELTS?
The answer to this question varies from person to person. If you prepare for the test with full concentration, you will find this exam very easy, but if you take it without proper preparation, you may find it difficult.